Birstall Community Trust
Data Protection Privacy Notice
- Our contact details
Name: Birstall Community Trust
Address: 19 Bond Street, Birstall, WF17 9EX
Phone Number: 07969 998626
- What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Employment details for paid staff
- Those details about Trustees that supports their role as Trustees
- How we get the information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you
The lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Birstall Community Trust (contact details above)
- We have a contractual obligations, e.g. in relation to Hiring of the Centre
- We have a legal obligation, through employment legislation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
- What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to
- maintain an up to date membership list
- ensure speedy communication when needed
- enable Trustees to carry out business of the Trust, including, but not exclusively for contracting with Hirers of the Community Centre
- enable the Trust to carry out its’ responsibilities as employers
5.How we store your information
Your information is securely stored by the designated Trustees. We keep the information for 24 months and up to 6 years where there are financial transactions involved (excluding the membership fee transactions. We will then dispose your information by secure means including digital deletion and paper shredding.
- Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us on the contact details at the top of this Notice if you wish to make a request.
- How to complain
Your initial complaint will be dealt with by the Trust through the Complaints Procedure. However, if you are dissatisfied, you can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data:
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113